Linking datafiles together
If you have two seperate datafiles but you want to combine them into one file you can link them togther. You must link files together when you want to perform calculations on data that are in two different files.
Linking datatfiles together creates a new linked datafile within your project.
When you want to link file together, they must have a key - a column within each file that contains a unique indentifier. A good example of a key is a date/time stamp, an email address or a SIN number.
To link two datafiles together:
- Select one of the datafiles you'd like to link.
- Click on the options menu on the right hand side and select Link with another datafile.
- Select the file you'd like to link to.
- Identify the common key in both files.
- Give a name to your newly created file.
- Click on "Link data" to complete linking your two datafiles together.
- A link icon ( ) will appear beside your new linked file on your project page.
If you'd like to link more than one file together, select a linked file and repeat the linking process described above.