Uploading data to Datashift
There are two ways to upload datafiles: connecting your files through Dropbox or uploading them directly from your computer.
1. Uploading directly from your computer
To upload a datafile from your computer:
- Within a project, click the "New Datafiles" button on the top right corner.
- Click on "Choose file" where it says Upload a file from your computer and select the file you want to upload.
- Click on "Upload" to upload your datafile.
2. Connect your Dropbox account
Connecting your Dropbox account to Datashift allows you to set up real-time data analysis. When your files update on Dropbox they automatically update in Datashift.
To connect your Dropbox account and upload a datafile:
- Click on your icon and dataspace name in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on "My account settings" from the dropdown menu.
- Click on "Integrations" from your account page and then click "Link Dropbox".
- Log in to Dropbox (if not already logged in) and select "Allow" for Datashift to be able to access your files and folders.
- Once your accounts are linked, go back to your project and click "Add data".
- Select "Dropbox", navigate to the file you want to upload then click "Upload".
Datafiles uploaded from Dropbox on not set to update in real-time by default. For real-time data updates from Dropbox files, on your project page hover over a Dropbox datafile and click on Options. Then click on Real-time, check Check this file for real-time updates and select the frequency in which Datashift will scan your Dropbox file for new data.