Connecting your data
- Uploading data to Datashift
- Proper data format for uploading
- Working with different file types
- Types of data Datashift can read
Working with projects
Working with data
- Datafile options
- Adding and deleting data
- Linking datafiles together
- Appending datafiles together
- Re-loading data
- Making data update in real-time
- Downloading individual datafiles
- Renaming datafiles
- Data headers
- Adding meta data
- Performing calculations on your data
- Working with alerts
Working with dashboards
Working with your team
Working with alerts
Create a custom alert to notify you if data from a specific real-time datafile column has reached a threshold.
In this section were going to show you how to:
Create an alert
There are three types of alerts you can create:
Note: Alerts can only be created for real-time datafiles.
When you want to know whether a certain value rises or falls below a specific value, use an absolute alert.
Example: Alert me if the temperature falls below 0°C.
A relative alert provides a way to monitor for a fixed percent increase or decrease between a specified interval of time.
Example: Alert me if the water level has increased by 10% over the last 24 hours.
Much like a relative alert, an average alert watches for an average value spanning a specified interval of time.
Example: Alert me if the average stream flow for the last 12 hours is above 2 m/s².
How to create an alert
- Hover over one of the datafiles you want to create an alert for, click on the datafile menu icon and select "Create an alert". Only real-time datafiles will have this option.
- Give your new alert a name.
- Select the column you would like to monitor.
- Select the alert type as either absolute,relative, oraverage.
- Add the threshold value and time range if creating a relativeoraveragealert.
- Click "Create".
Note: Once an alert is triggered you will receive a notification within Datashift as well as an email giving you the details of the alert.
How to view your existing alerts
- When you are loged in to your account, on the top right corner of any page you'll see this bell icon , click on it and then click "Click here to create or view alerts" or "View all notifications" if you have an active alert.
Working with existing alerts
There are four options you can take on any alert you have created. To perform one of the options on an alert, hover over the alert you want to work with, click on the alert menu icon and select one of:
- Edit— Edit the options for the alert.
- Activate/Deactivate— By default a created alert is active. SelectDeactivateto turn off notifications orActivate/to turn notifications on.
- History— View the value, date, and time the alert was triggered. You can also view when the alert was dismissed and who dismissed it.
- Delete— Delete the alert.
Important: Deleting an alert will also delete it's entire notification history.